Wind, Hail, and Storm Damage Claims
While we know when storms are going to take place, nothing can prepare us for the damage that can follow. Whether your property has been affected by hail, flooding, strong winds from a tornado, or heavy rains, it’s important to get the help you need in order to replace and repair damages. When this happens, we usually turn to our insurance company for help. Even though insurance companies and damage insurance claims are put in place to help you, they can still be confusing or not provide you with the money that you need. For instance, insurance companies will usually choose the least expensive option, so if you need new windows that have been broken due to strong winds, you’ll get the cheapest option available. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you live in an area that is prone to high winds, you might have to pay extra for wind coverage, even if you thought your insurance already covered you.
An important thing that property owners need to be aware of is something called an anti-concurrent causation. This clause might be in your policy and may be something that can affect you if two natural disasters damage your property. In the event that your property is damaged by two natural disasters and your policy only covers one type of disaster, your insurance company doesn’t have to cover the cost of damage. For example, if hail and wind damage your property, your insurance company can flat out refuse to pay if you have wind damage insurance but don’t have hail damage insurance.
At Hope Public Adjusters we believe getting the best settlement for wind and storm damage is incredibly important. Severe storms can cause water damage, broken glass, damaged roofs, fires, uprooted trees, and more. When this happens, the last thing you want to do is handle your wind and storm damage insurance claim for your Indianapolis, IN property. Our public adjusters are here to take the stress away and guide you through the insurance claim process. While we will be your point of contact for the insurance company, that does not mean we work for them–we work for you. We are here to fight for you and get you the settlement you deserve for your storm, wind, and hail damage, Get a free claim review by calling our office at (833) – 31 – CLAIM.
Hail Storm Damage Insurance Claim
While strong winds can do a lot of damage to your property, hail can create extensive damage to your roof, siding, windows, and more. Although hail can cause a lot of damage, it can be really hard to document. This is because our property and roofing might look fine, but it’s not always obvious that there are issues. When you haven’t had the experience looking at hail damage on properties or roofing, it can be hard to tell how severe the damage really is. Because of this, insurance companies and their adjusters to downplay the severity of the damage and only offer partial patch ups and repairs when you need a complete replacement for your windows, siding, or roofing.
With the help of a licensed public adjuster, they can guarantee that your insurance company follows through with your claim. It is always important that if you feel like you are being taken advantage of, you get the opinion of a second party. The job of a public adjuster is to make sure you get professional help for your wind, hail, or storm damage insurance claim in Indianapolis, IN. When you work with our team of experts, we are able to:
- Use the latest technology to inspect your property without compromising any of the damage.
- File your claim for you within 24 hours.
- Provide your insurance with the documents, pictures, and files that are needed.
- Represent you and advocate for you through the entire storm damage insurance claim process.
Whether hail has broken some of your windows or severely damaged your roof, we will be able to get you the settlement that you deserve. Call (833) – 31 – CLAIM for more information!
What To Do After a Storm
It is so important that after any type of storm, you do a couple of things in order to protect yourself. More often than not, insurance companies can be very dismissive. This can be due to lack of documentation or because you are one of many trying to file a claim, so they will want to get it over with as soon as possible. To protect your investment and get 100% of your claim, there are several things that you can do to make the process so much easier on yourself.
- Document the Storms Occurrence: It’s important to document when the storm happened–what day, time, and when your property sustained the most damage.
- Compile Evidence: This includes taking pictures of every area of your property–the roof, the siding, the windows; anything that was damaged in a storm, take a picture of it.
- Search for Signs of Damage: Typically, when it comes to wind or hail, you will see impact marks, dents, chips, and broken siding, windows, and roofing material. Be sure to document that, as well.
Because it can be hard to prove storm damage, you will need all of the proof and documentation to make your case. Of course, it’s important to mention that clients of Hope Public Adjusters will not have to take on this burden alone. We will do everything in our power to make sure that your wind and storm damage claim in Indianapolis, IN is recognized.
Our Insurance Claims Help
When you work with Hope Public Adjusters, you can be guaranteed a few things.
- Our public adjusters will go over your wind and storm damage insurance claim with you.
- We will provide comprehensive inspections to determine the extent of the damage.
- Loss of items will be documented and compiled into an inventory sheet.
- Our public adjusters will provide estimations on the damages caused on your property.
- We will prepare all the documents and also file the necessary paperwork.
- We advocate for our clients and will negotiate with your insurance company on your behalf.
- Schedule services for repairs, replacements, and clean up for your property.
Whoever your public adjuster is, they will be able to file your claim within 24 hours, as well as provide a letter of representation, which authorizes our team to represent you. Instead of having to talk with your insurance company, our public adjusters make it our job to be your point of contact. In the event that your settlement is not secured, we will recommend litigation and will work with them to get the settlement you need. Our team does not only include licensed public adjusters, but we are also made up of engineers, interior environmental specialists, and water remediation professionals. Whether a huge storm has caused a fire in your home or you need nuclear moisture testing, we can provide the services that you need. Get a free consultation by calling us now at (833) – 31 – CLAIM for help with your wind and storm damage insurance claim in Indianapolis, IN.