Flood and Water Damage Insurance Claim Help

Water Seeping Into Hardwood Floor

Home Water Damage

Has your home been damaged due to a broken plumbing pipe, a roof leak, or flooding due to heavy rains? Having water or flood damage can be incredibly stressful, as it can leave your property completely devastated. One of the first things you need to do after water or flood damage is to call your insurance company to file a claim. After wind and hail damage, water damage is the most common insurance claim that people file. While it’s the most common, it can also be complicated. That’s because there are certain variables the insurance company takes to determine if they will file your claim. If you have been having constant water issues, the insurance company will most likely deny your claim; this is because homeowners need to attempt to fix the issue. If water damage comes on suddenly, like a busted pipe or leaks in the roof are more likely to be covered. It’s important to note that while things like water damage to your foundation or sewage backups are not typically covered by an insurance company.

As a property owner, it is also important to be aware that flood and water damage insurance claims are completely different. While you would think that water and flood damage go hand in hand, the claims are significantly different in the eyes of the insurance company. Water damage will cover things like leaks from roofs, plumbing, and appliances. Floods are considered a natural disaster and will need their own insurance. All of this can be complex and hard to follow, which is why Hope Public Adjusters is here to help. We are certified public adjusters who work with policyholders to ensure they get the coverage that they need. We are able to look at your policy and work with your insurance company on your behalf. If you want professional assistance with your flood and water damage insurance claim in Indianapolis, IN, call us today at (833) – 31 – CLAIM.

Mold Growing on Wall From Water Damage

Does Home Insurance Cover Mold?

Usually, when a property is damaged by water, the next thing to follow is mold. Mold growth in your home is a result of all of the moisture left over from water and floods. While you would think insurance companies would cover mold damage, that is not always the case. If your insurance company finds that the mold damage could’ve been prevented, they will likely not cover the claim. The situations that insurance companies are likely to cover the cost of mold damage is if it’s considered a “covered peril”. This means that the water damage that caused the mold would have to be considered sudden and accidental incidents. If for some reason you had a busted pipe and you didn’t notice the water or mold damage for a few days, the insurance company will not cover it. Also, if the busted pipe causes a flood, they will definitely not cover it.

At Hope Public Adjusters, we will fight for you to ensure that you get the necessary flood and water damage insurance claim help in Indianapolis, IN so you can get the settlement that you deserve. We understand how overwhelming this can be, but we are here to take care of the situation and make sure you aren’t taken advantage of by your insurance company. Dial (833) – 31 – CLAIM to get the help you need now!

Flooding On Tile

What You Can Do To Protect Your Property

In the event that your home has water damage, there are a few things you can do to protect your home and ensure you get the coverage you need.

  • If you have leaks coming from your roof, plumbing, or other appliances, attempt to have these issues fixed.
  • When there is water on the ground, dry it up to prevent further damage from occurring.
  • For situations where there is mold infestation, have it removed at once.
  • Call the public adjusters at Hope Public Adjusters to help you.

Within 24 hours of the incident, we will file your flood or water damage insurance claim in Indianapolis, IN for you. We will inspect your property and provide your insurance company with the necessary documentation as well as estimates on the damage. We will do everything in our power to make sure you get the coverage you need for your flood and water damage.

Water Damaged Residential Floor

Flood and Water Damage Insurance Claims Process

Typically, your insurance company will have their own public adjuster, but that public adjuster is working for the insurance company, not you. Our public adjusters, on the other hand, will represent you and negotiate on your behalf. At Hope Public Adjusters we are able to help property owners who have water damage due to the following:

  • Bathroom leaks
  • Busted pipes
  • Floods
  • Frozen pipes
  • Kitchen leaks
  • Plumbing leaks
  • Roof Leaks
  • Sewage backups
  • Wet floors
  • Storms
  • Water heater leaks
  • HVAC leaks
  • And more!

People don’t usually handle insurance claims on a daily basis, but we have been in this business for a long time. That means we have the knowledge and experience to make sure you get the settlement you need. We are able to review your insurance policy and examine why and where the water damage took place. From there we estimate the damages and send documentation, pictures, and other reports to your insurance company. Once all of that is taken place, we will negotiate with your insurance company so that you get a fair settlement. When you work with Hope Public Adjusters you are working with the best certified public adjusters. As part of our services, we will also offer nuclear moisture testing, as well as have water remediation experts take a look at your property. Get the help that you need today by calling us at (833) – 31 – CLAIM for superior flood and water damage insurance claim assistance in Indianapolis, IN.